Monday 16 September 2013

Knit News

Look at that sheepish face. She takes any opportunity to lie on something comfy, even if that's my clothes.

I have begun the jumper that I have been commissioned to make. It's looking great! However when I go home tonight I'm going to unravel it all...

The reason I'm unravelling it is because the pattern and the wool don't work together. This pattern needs aron weight wool and although this wool is advertised as such it is definitely far too skinny, it looks and feels like a double knit to me, so I have found a new pattern that will work much better. The lady I'm making it for wants it to be a cozy, baggy jumper for the winter, so too small will not do.

Look how much work I've done already... it's going to be painful to unravel all of those rows... 

In other knit news: I've started Emily's headband. The one I made her wasn't good enough apparently, so now I'm using this wool that she's chosen from my stash and I've made the pattern even better.

It never looks that neat until it's stitched up and made into the proper headband, but I'm pleased with it so far.

That's it for today's update, I can't wait to get home and unravel all of my hard work and start again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment