Thursday 12 September 2013

Hearts and Shoes

I have completed Emily's head band:


 Modelling it two ways: hair down (the pale pink doesn't go with my new hair colour, but it looks fabulous with Emily's dark hair)
Hair up and silly face! Earrings are from Miffy's shop, the make is called Ayala Bar.

I googled different cable patterns, this particular technique is called a braided cable. I knew the look I wanted to achieve so I made the pattern up using the braided cable technique. I made this one a tiny bit too big for Ems, so she's asked me to make her another one and she's chosen the wool from my stash (it's the dove grey that I used on Mini Fox). Because that wool is a bit thinner and not as stretchy I think I will adapt the pattern again, maybe even do two cable braids side-by-side. I will post my progress.

 In other news:




I benefited from Miffy's sale and generosity last night: she bought me three pairs of shoes!Here we have a little pair of mid-height espadrilles which will go with everything: jeans, cut-offs, skirts, perfect. The middle pair are Mephisto lace-ups. Mephisto is a make which focuses on comfort over style, but I think theses bad boys are pretty stylish too. Mephisto is worn by celebs such as Jennifer Aniston and Robert De Niro. The third pair are sweet little loafers, I love them because they're so Euro-Sloan.


More knitting news:



I want to find the perfect heart pattern. I think it's a really good way to use up my wool because I can make little cushions, keyrings and Christmas tree decorations with that and give them away as gifts. I prefer the one on the right because it's flatter and rounder. The one on the left is too pointy but I like the use of stockinette stitch rather than garter stitch. I have two more patterns to try out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment