Tuesday 27 August 2013

Knitspiration


Introducing another one of my regular features 'Knitspiration', a feature that will appear randomly throughout my blog history and which will give an insight into the sorts of things I aspire to create, things that inspire me, or simply things I admire. 

Beautiful Blankets 

I've never had the patience, or enough wool, to make a blanket - that's more Miffy's area of expertise - but these two are stunning. If I ever managed to master the art of fair isle then this will be the first project on my list. I absolutely love that Swedish style and the colour combinations.

I love the delicate knitted section of this simple blanket contrasted with the chunky, funky crochet edging. Once I learn to crochet I may try this technique.


Black & White




























I love this knitted head band and this girl. Her hair has the sort of volume I can only dream of achieving, and this retro style is one of my favourites. If I make this headband I will probably try and replicate this photo (!)

Bette Davis looking fabulous here.
Check out Russel Crowe! (He totes came to Jersey for the Superman premier).

Jumpers


I have a small obsession with knitted jumpers (preferably baggy, 1990s ones). I have knitted myself one and worn it to death, it is now safely folded in a drawer because if I wear it too much it may fall apart.




















I love this arty photo, this stitch looks lovely along with the colour of the wool.

Christmas present please.

Woops she forgot to put on trousers... I realllllly love this jumper, this will probably be my first project after my wool-athon.

There are so many more knitspirations that I want to post today but I think I should spread them out a bit (even though the list will have doubled before my next post) otherwise this post will go on forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment