Sunday 16 March 2014

She's Back

It has been... a while since I last blogged. I haven't been knitting that much lately, and I have been busy with my Masters. Why am I back? Well, actually, I have lost a knitting pattern and I went through my blog to see if I'd taken any photos of the pattern so that I could google it again, and it was on going through it that I remembered how much I love posting on here.

SO.


Self-Confidence is Becoming

Since my absence I have subscribed to a lovely mag called Oh Comely, it is really inspirational and easy to dip in and out of. I read an article this morning about someone who doesn't like alcohol and, despite the pressure from lots of social situations, manages to stick to her guns and is perfectly happy not drinking.



I found this pretty inspirational, not only because I've given up alcohol for lent, but because this woman was perfectly comfortable in her own skin. I think that is really becoming in a person, and a woman does not have to be bolshie or loud in order to be self-confident.

However, I still love a cold G&T with lots of lime....

Style, Please


I have always loved French style. Always. I am reallllly obsessed with Breton tops at the moment though. I have one in my wardrobe, it is a real St. James one, a hand-me-down from Miffy, and I have worn it to death almost. All I seem to do in my moments in between translations is look up Breton tops on eBay, Amazon, Instagram and Pinterest.





They cost money though, and I am trying to save up for 'the real world'.

What Now?


I am now half-way through my Masters degree and have worked out what I really want to do.

1. I want my own dogs.






2. I want to be a translator.


3. I want my own place to live.

In that order, obviously. 

But for now, I have to carry on working hard, applying for jobs, and messing about on Snapchat...

Messin' about in my new beret

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of that magazine and will def purchase when I come across it next. It reminds me a little of one we have in Australia / NZ called Frankie which is just fabulous and I highly recommend!

    Am also now very strongly feeling the need to buy a breton top oh god

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I know Frankie! My first year Durham roommate is Australian, she was obsessed with that. You're my first commenter EVER, thanks! H x

      Delete