Monday 12 May 2014

Recent Projects

Hallo,

Recently I have been back in Durham, and that means more work, less knitting. I have managed, over the past three weeks, to fit in a bit of knitting here and there however.

My Italian tutor from my first degree, who is now a very dear friend (I'm not a teacher's pet, I swear..) broke her leg! I thought I'd cheer her up while she is stuck with her cat at home, so I sent her a letter and a little Fatcat Creation: a headband.

Here I am modelling it in the most stylish way possible, obviously:



She is addicted to purple, her leg cast is purple too, so I made the headband purple. It's a pattern I came up with myself, and it's cable knit. She seems very happy with it.

The second project I have just completed is another jumper. This one was for ME this time though. It is a chunky knit, and a bit baggy and croppy, and I love it.


 Here's me loving it...


 There's me waving in it...





































This is it at the early stages...
And that's what it looked like before I had finished the second sleeve and sewn it all up. The words 'sew', 'sewing', and 'sewn' I always read out like 'siuuuu' and 'siuuuu-ing' and 'siuuuu-n' and have to re-read them as 'so' 'so-ing' and 'so-n'... Anywho! that's my latest knit update. Next project is yet to be decided, but will probably not happen until after my exam on 21st May, boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment